Neck-Lite®. The Innovation
What is Neck-Lite?
Neck-Lite® is a highly innovative technology which allows to further optimize a modified preform-neck for the subsequent blowing process. The effect is a significantly reduced wall thickness of the preform neck, while the outer surface is increased. As a result, reheating in the blow moulding machine is far more efficient.
Today’s worldwide only suitable system to manufacture this kind of thin-walled neck area under the thread for flat and CSD applications is:
Neck-Lite®, thanks to:
- Especially developed melt-flow channels ensure a common injection moulding process while keeping the bottle quality at the same level.
- The thin-walled preform neck absorbs much IR light which means that stretch-blow- moulding is more efficient with a wider process window.
Neck-Lite® is compatible with almost any common preform mould such as Husky, MHT-AG, Otto Hofstetter AG and Sipa. Modification of an existing mould is possible by an exchange of the neck-splits.
Neck-Lite® is part of the injection mould. Thanks to especially designed channels in the neck splits the hold pressure is maintained in the neck thread during the moulding process. This prevents the otherwise feared sink marks in the precise neck area.
The preform neck in the example on the picture slider has an extended surface and a significantly reduced wall thickness. Thanks to these characteristics the IR-heat energy of the blow moulder can be distributed more effectively. The blow-moulding process window is widened: shoulder optimization is easier …
- Neck-Lite® allows a saving of 2-3% of the total PET bottle weight.
- Neck-Lite® offers a perfect preform in the trend for less weight: extended surface and reduced wall thickness at the neck!
- Mint-Tec® can only be used by modification of the injection mould. An attractive pay-back period of about 6 months is achieved especially with new injection moulds
- Neck-Lite® leads to significant energy savings also in the blow moulding process
- Neck-Lite® (patent pend.) is a unique development in the PET market and leads to highest efficiency and reliability
- Light-neck bottles and shorter cycles at the same time for the blow-moulding process!
Comparison of a sample:
Benefit in terms of PET-resin per year:
The product data below describe the properties of the sample shown above:
- Preform of 10.5 grams for 0.5 litres of still mineral water
- With 128 cavities of Neck-Lite® design
- Standard preform, twist-off 29/25 (with an effective weight reduction from 10.5 g to 10.2 g = 0.3 g)
- Saving: 0.3 g per preform!
- Cycle time: 6.0 sec at 8,200 h/year
- or: 630 million preforms/year